This article comes from the NY State Gov’t website.
Model Sexual Harassment Policy
Every employer in the New York State is required to adopt a sexual harassment prevention policy.
An employer that does not adopt the model policy must ensure that the policy that they adopt meets or exceeds the following minimum standards.
The policy must:
- Prohibit sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- Provide examples of prohibited conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- Include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment, remedies available to victims of sexual harassment, and a statement that there may be applicable local laws
- Include a complaint form
- Include a procedure for the timely and confidential investigation of complaints that ensures due process for all parties
- Inform employees of their rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating sexual harassment complaints administratively and judicially
- Clearly, state that sexual harassment is considered a form of employee misconduct and that sanctions will be enforced against individuals engaging in sexual harassment and against supervisory and managerial personnel who knowingly allow such behavior to continue
- Clearly, state that retaliation against individuals who complain of sexual harassment or who testify or assist in any investigation or proceeding involving sexual harassment is unlawful
Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy Notice
This poster, which is an optional tool, is one way to direct both employees and non-employees to your Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy and should be displayed in a highly visible place.
Minimum Standards for Sexual Harassment Prevention Policies Pdf
Sexual Harassment Prevention Model Policy Pdf
Sexual Harassment Prevention Model Policy Docx
Sexual Harassment Prevention Post Docx
Sexual Harassment Prevention Toolkit For Employers Pdf
Click here to view the original article.